Home Remodeling or Home Improvement
When it comes to home remodeling, and or home improvement the Homeowners Consumer Center is advocating for owners to shop hard for the best possible local contractor, and always use the absolute best materials. The old saying about paying for what you get, may not be applicable when it comes to home improvement, or home remodeling. Far to often innocent homeowners get taken by a contractor, who overcharges for a low quality job. Word of mouth is still the best way to find a good contractor. Angie’s List is a great place to find a contractor in many larger US metro areas. The reason we like Angies List so much is simple—-what contractor will give a homeowner a bad reference? Another great way to find a reputable home remodeling contractor is to talk with local building supply stores.
Home Remodeling or Home Improvement Do’s & Don’ts
Homeowners Consumer Center’s Suggested Suppliers For Home Improvement or Home Remodeling Products
Nation’s Top Ranked Plumbing Supplier:
1. Ferguson https://www.ferguson.com/.
Nation’s Largest Residential Window/Door Companies:
1. Anderson Window https://www.andersenwindows.com/.
2. Pella Windows & Doors http://www.pella.com/.
3. Milgard http://www.milgard.com/.
Nation’s Largest Appliance Retailers:
1. Lowes http://www.lowes.com/c/Appliances
2. Home Depot http://www.homedepot.com/b/Appliances/N-5yc1vZbv1w.
Nation’s Top Rated Residential Heating/AC Companies:
2. Carrier http://www.carrier.com/residential/en/us/.
Nation’s top Ranked Wood Flooring Maker:
2. Pergo https://na.pergo.com/.
Nation’s Largest Carpet Retailers:
Nation’s top Ranked Residential Locks:
1. Schlage http://www.schlage.com/.
2. Kwikset http://www.kwikset.com/.
Nation’s top ranked Kitchen & Bathroom Faucets:
1. Moen http://www.moen.com/.
2. Delta http://www.deltafaucet.com/
Nation’s Top Ranked Garage Door Openers:
1. Lift Master https://www.liftmaster.com/for-homes/garage-door-openers
2. Chamberlin http://www.chamberlain.com/garage-door-openers.